Friday, October 23, 2009

What's Goin' On?

I don't want to leave the house...and not for my usual reasons, you know, like laziness.

I've never really been a "product" person, especially when it comes to my hair.  Most often I'll use an anti-frizz cream, but never a silicone based product like Frizz Ease and usually I'll forget to use hairspray and it takes me a good 2-3 years to go through a can. About a month ago, I finally got the last possible ounce of effort out of my Sebastian whatever type spray and had to toss it. Combine this with my new bangs...the reason I likely had hairspray at all to begin with...and now I NEEEEEEDED it.  I bought some Aussie stuff at Target and started to use it.  Well, this past Sunday morning I had a really bad morning.  Not really bad in the grand scheme of things, but in my little world of trying to get out of the house within a reasonable semblance of on time once a week to go to church...I was headed for disaster.

I'm not exactly sure what all transpired before the big event, but I do know I was feeling rushed and pissy and I was pretty close to on schedule when I went to pick up the can of hair spray and aim it at my perfect bangs when... I dropped the can onto my cup of coffee which knocked the whole thing onto the bathroom floor!  There was coffee everywhere.  The half gone roll of toilet paper sopped up a good portion of the coffee while it hung out in its dispenser, but that didn't even make a dent.  Coffee all over the counter, all over the toilet (what wasn't protected by me), the rugs, the cabinets, grrrrr.

After cleaning everything up and getting back on schedule I must have been really super rushed because I somewhere along the line made a colossal mistake that has produced Mt. Vesuvius on my forehead.  Somehow I managed to spray hairspray directly onto my forehead and by Sunday afternoon begin to form the biggest zit I've ever had in my whole life right where my bangs used to part.

It...is...horrifying...truly

I am praying that this beast on my head does not scar.  It hurts like...there are many things that come to mind some are sacrilegious, some are profane...It hurts like someone knocked me in the head with a ball-peen hammer and I have a red egg on my forehead like on Tom & Jerry.  The other day Ava was smacking it and I was about to cry.   Yesterday I finally could attack it...somewhat, but of course it's worse today.  Please Jesus don't let me need plastic surgery!

If I posted pictures there is no way someone could say "It's not that bad"...Court's comment..."You need to keep that covered with your bangs."  Hmm, good thing I've got them, and yet, it's all their fault.

So, if you don't see me for a while, or if you expected to and I just didn't show...that's why...I'm in hiding.  I think I may go out and buy some kiddy band-aids to cover this up when I have to go out, because wearing a hat hurts like a m-f-er.  I'm not kidding.  It's gross.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly use anything on my hair without that same thing happening to me. At this point I've settled with a pomade stuff that I put on once my hair is dry, so it never touches my skin. Otherwise...no go. Sorry! Hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete