Monday, November 9, 2009

Ohhhhh Scrap!

Lately there's been way too many things intimidating me...
Scrapbooking is near the top of the list.  Losing 100+ pounds (or more...I'd rather not say exactly how much publicly) is at the top, but I don't feel like talking about that now.

Any-way...I've really wanted to scrapbook...but I have had no idea where to start.  Plus, I don't exactly have anyplace to do such craftiness.  My kitchen table is already a challenge to keep clutter free; and around Ava's birthday time or Halloween...fuggedahboudit.  Bits of glitter and fabric and odds and ends of whatever I thought might be cute to add.  Those projects have a singular focus, and likely one shopping trip.  Adding the likely necessary new bottle of Fabri-Tac is an expense I'll have to justify, but starting all over from scratch with a real, crafty hobby...and one with such neat gadgets and thingys...I'm not quite sure where to begin.  I could easily spend $150 on gear and not get a whole lot accomplished.

It looks as though I may have found my answer - Digital Scrapbooking.  You still have to buy stuff and you still have to plot things out, but I don't need a cutter.  It's kind of a lot of work afterall...you have to download your media and papers and templates and embellishments and stuff, but you get to manipulate all your pics, etc., within the page before printing.  I can see myself not really planning ahead enough with my photos and then wanting to do something different with them if I were doing traditional scrapbooking.  Not that I don't want to, because I do.  Those brads and little flowers and die-cuts and all those wonderful shapes and pretty things.  I want them.  And I do like the dimensions of traditional scrapbooking...but for now, I'll putz around with this stuff...we'll see how far I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment