Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Since You've Been Gone

Ava, Kai & I are all alone with no Daddy this week...and we've been kinda busy as it turns out.
Court's out of town 'til Friday evening at a Microsoft conference and all us girls are alone.  We've had our little outings and jobs to do, so we've not been as bored and lonely as I'd first imagined we'd be, but there's still about 48 hours to go, so who knows where we'll end up.

Ava needed her 2nd flu shot on Monday.  I guess when it's the first one ever they make you get 2...whatever, there was no copay so that's fine with me.  I'm still wary of the H1N1 shots, I forgot to line up for one at New Life last Friday...I mostly just try to keep Ava out of public places without some sort of barrier, like a carriage cover.  In fact, yesterday, at Costco, was the first time in probably 6 months or even more that she went into a store in her carseat.  Costco's carriages are too wide for her cover to fit, plus she was sleeping...not that that lasted once I took her out of the car into the blinding sun or drove the carriage over the bumpy nubs near the entrance.  Seriously those things can give your kid shaken baby syndrome.

It seems pointless considering we had playgroup at this fun little kid activity place called Lil Biggs where there were tons of kids roaming around touching everything...and Ava is still crawling, so she's touching everywhere their feet have been.  But she had fun.  Loved the bouncy house, made me nervous.  She's so little and 5 year olds are so big!  She also took off at one point.  I put her down to put on my sweater...looked down and she'd disappeared.  She'd only gotten about 40-50 feet away...but dang that girl is fast! When she can walk I'm going to need a harness and a leash!

I've been really lazy about cooking.  Maybe I wouldn't go that far.  I don't care if I eat leftovers all week, so I made yummy whole wheat pizza with sauted onions and spinach and bacon, on Monday night and bought a grilled chicken salad with dried cherries and goat cheese and walnuts at Target and that took care of two days.  I have some pasta that I'd cooked about a month ago, but we didn't end up eating it in the freezer and some ground turkey defrosting in the fridge, so that will take care of another 2+ days (unless it's gross - whole wheat pasta does have its drawbacks).  I've been super snacky at night though...pathetic, must be because I'm bored.   A sane, rational person would likely go to bed early and take advantage of the quiet, warzone free house...but it's a bit creepy.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I've slept now 2 nights in a row straight through until 7:30, without waking up completely (I have briefly seen 4:56am both mornings).  I'm actually sleeping...without the aid of Tylenol PM...must be Jesus or something, it couldn't be because I'm sleeping alone. Maybe it's because the fan isn't being blocked halfway through my REM cycle by another body and making it uberhot on my side of the bed.  Speaking of which, I have to vacuum that fan because it's grody.

Anyway, that's what's going on here.  Can't wait for Court to get back, and next week's Thanksgiving can you believe it?!?  I can't.  Where has this year gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment