Friday, January 15, 2010

Get Into The Groove

It's been excessively difficult getting into a groove this week and getting our fannies to the gym.



The week before New Years I started going to the gym every day. It's no secret that we pay too much to go there and it's even more expensive if we don't even go, so that was one factor. The other was finally getting tired of being tired (not enough to have my thyroid checked but anyway), so one way or the other I've dragged myself to the gym 4-5 days a week for 3 weeks now (is that it!?!?).

If we don't get there during the day for whatever reason, I've been going at night. I've felt all kinds of proud of myself because I've gotten up to 15 miles ridden on the bike in 45 minutes. It's more difficult to do it multiple days in a row because that seat makes my butt hurt and not the part I'm trying to melt away!

Part of my Christmas present was four hour-long personal training sssions. So my first workout with a trainer was Tuesday and within the first 5 minutes of the warm up it was obvious that I'd been spinning my wheels and not really accomplishing anything on my own. Why do they even have those bikes? They're worthless, but I still use them because they have their own fans.

Anyway, this week has been difficult. I woke Ava up from a 3-hour nap one day last week and shortly after waking up she was moaning and then while eating her lunch her fingers and her lips were blue. I freaked out a bit and ended up taking her to the doctor. He didn't see anything wrong with her other than some nasal congestion and a fever, but said to keep an eye on her and they'd call and check up on us. She ran a tempurature of about 100-101 for the next 2 days and was weak and wimpy and cuddly for the next 3 or 4. It's such a blur I don't remember if we made it to the gym on Monday, but I know on Saturday I was desperate to go, but it was PACKED! All those people making good on their resolutions and such, plus an area school open house and bring as many guests as you want day...it was a mad house.

Tuesday we were finally back on schedule, or so I thought. My first workout with my trainer was great, left me hobbling around the house for the rest of the day and the following day. What really threw a kink in my grand plans was a cold that Ava's developed. It was probably starting the day we took her in or maybe it's a by-product of this crazy weather we've been having here. Poor baby has been coughing away and her little nose is running and all that means that I can't bring her to the gym with me, so here I am...blogging away...cuz I gots nuthin better to do. At least nothing entertaining.

Although...I did just hear about something that I so want to do. There's a butterfly pavilion in Denver. Doesn't that sound fun? Ava loves butterflies, I think, but I don't want to go alone. Anyone want to come with?

No comments:

Post a Comment