Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Chugga chugga...chugga chugga...chugga chugga...



We're getting there. Starting to feel better anyway, Ava's almost through her antibiotic cycle and it seems as if I only had a cold, praise God! And thank Jesus for Benadryl! For over a week it's seemed as if I've had mud in my head and just plain felt like crap. I worked out with a trainer on Monday and was so super whiny in my head...I'm sure tons of it oozed out while I was doing all those squats. Ew, that sounded gross.

Any...way... I've been pretty good this week about food and such. It is such a struggle, for many ridiculous and excuse-type reasons. And, while I started this blog early this morning when I was proud of myself, here I sit, after having ingested (inhaled?) a Reeses Sonic Blast with an ungodly amount of calories, rest assured I feel like utter crap. OMG, the surge of sugar in my body is totally gross. I may actually put those blizzardy-type concoctions on the same list as doughnuts. "Things That Make Me Feel Ew."

I'm happy to report that I've lost about 15 pounds since last year at this time. Unfortunately, I think I lost it about 6 months ago and I've just been plateaued (sp?) for the last 6 months. My grandmother and my mother-in-law have both been taking alli and my grandmother has lost about 12 pounds in about 2 months, so there's been a bit of yapping from my mom and Mema hawking these nutriceutical weapons of fat destruction. Long story somewhat shorter...I've gotten the go ahead from my doctor that I can take it, if I want. So, we'll see. I'm not really too keen on taking stuff, but at this point, my self control needs a little hand holding, so I'll take what I can get...literally.

If I weren't such a coward and in so much denial about what I look like, I'd post a before picture. But I am, and I am, and so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment